Saturday, September 08, 2007

Tour de Nothin'

My streak is over. The Tour de London was today and I was, you guessed it, working. So my (un)stated (but thought of a couple of times) goal of competing in every TdL in recorded history ends just as it was getting started.

It's not that this was a surprise...when I first decided that I was ready to test my tender knee it was already late May and I knew then that I would have to work hard to get into race shape in just 3 months. So by the time I got my big yellow "remember to register" pamphlet in the mail last month and still hadn't gone out to the course since last year's race I started to think ahead to next year.

On the bright side, my new power meter is an excellent training tool and has already (statistically at least) driven me to where I'm knocking on the door of Category 5 racing status. Give me a year with it and I should improve immensely. I've also been checking out those indoor trainers that you can hook up to your tv and ride simulated Tour de France stages. Do Alp D'Huez all winter and those Kentucky hills will feel like bumps in the road.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home