Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I get a Facebook

I am no longer an online social networking Luddite. After years of resistance, I have finally created a Facebook page.

Why? For years, this blog has been my main online presence and focus. And I plan to keep it so. But I would like to expand my readership while checking out what other people are doing. Facebook seems like the best way to do that.

I also considered Myspace, and as I'm writing this, I have a prototype page ready to go. But after trying out Facebook, its fate is uncertain. Myspace's music player is nice but Facebook seems to be more "meat and potatoes" -- emphasis on text and content rather than pages that look like overdone flash-and-clash mutant junkyards hit by tornadoes. But a lot of people I know are either on one site or the other.

Anyway, if you're reading this on Facebook, please visit my blog directly as there seem to be some features that don't fully translate over to the Facebook interface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home