Saturday, March 13, 2010

Also listened to:

Broadening my already broad musical horizons with:

So You Ran -- Orion the Hunter.



I'm progressing by regressing, having just bought a turntable. Yes, vinyl records. I'm well on my way to becoming a hipster music snob. And my first record is appropriately obscure, although I'm sure hipsters at the time considered it tripe: little-known Boston offshoot Orion the Hunter, a band I happened upon by chance while looking for records online. The LP has a few decent songs on it, but this one is definitely my favorite. Nice to know that there are some dusty 80s diamonds still left to be found.

Wet Wipe Riddim -- Ginz & Kool Money Kwame.



Ever heard of dubstep or grime? This is it. Trippy wizards in a laserbeam fight.

Rhinestone Eyes -- Gorillaz.



Enjoying the chorus of this song for as long as I can until they're playing it on the PA at Hot Topic and I'm sick of it and disavow ever having heard it before.

Rocket (Richard X One Zero remix) -- Goldfrapp.



80s Stevie Nicks vibe. Thanks for playing.

A Lung -- The Knife.



Oh how I love The Knife. Tuneful. Scary. Weird.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger chet said...

First!

10:51 PM  
Blogger J said...

...and the chorus of crickets roars in approval.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home